Morri Sims works in mixed media and collage but is primarily a painter. She has been described as a post–impressionist, expressionist due to her love of vibrant colors, emotional brushstrokes, and symbolism within her work. Her paints and papers tell her life stories…seen and unseen.
Morri lives on Drayton Island, a secluded river island in Florida. She maintains a private studio/gallery there in the 1880 house that John, her husband, and she had moved via barge from the mainland. They renovated and named the house Villa Mystique. They now live there full time along with their two beloved rescue pups Cassie (Blue Heeler), Casper (Anatolian shepherd), and a plethora of wildlife.
Morri Sims works in mixed media and collage but is primarily a painter. Morri has participated in group and solo shows and her work is in public, corporate, and private collections in the US and Internationally.
Provence, France (photo by LFBrown)
* New work in process..coming soon!
* Self-Sabbatical from exhibitions, commissions, and blogging to work on Drayton Island, Florida projects–living gallery (renovation 1880 home / new studio), olive grove, and more.
“Retrospective” (18 Alumni Solo Artists) Florida Artists Gallery Thrasher-Horne
February 14 – May
* Morri-Looking Out From Within ( Solo Show)
The Artists Hall, Melrose Florida March-June
* “500 Years in the Land of Flowers”
621 Gallery Tallahassee, Florida
Friday June 7 opening
* Flor500 Florida Native Wildflowers